Friday, July 11, 2008

Not supposed to be running...

I'm not supposed to be running right now, but I just couldn't stop myself. I did wrap my ankles and wore a brace on my left foot. It actually didn't hurt too much. It is throbbing a little bit right now, but I have it elevated and an ice pack on it. It is so humid today, even at 7:30 this morning it felt like it was 100 degrees. We ran the last 1/2 of our trek this morning. I didn't realize how much I was sweating until I got home. My clothes were dripping wet! I lost 2 lbs. this morning. I am now 3 lbs. away from where I was when school got out. Tomorrow I will go and run on the treadmill at the gym and lift weights. I know I promised Dr. C I would be controlled, but I really need to exercise. I think I might be a little obsessed. I have lost 7 lbs this week, and I really think that the exercise combined with the fruit/veggie diet is responsible. I also have not been snacking like I had been, but I am drinking a lot more water. I just need to keep it up for 3 more weeks! I really want to go back to school lighter than I left. I really seem to have a lot more energy too. I'm not craving the sugar like I usually do!

I met some school friends for lunch today at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I had a pea and potato enchilada with a side of rice. Ohh it was sooooooo good. It was a little cheat off my diet, but I didn't eat this morning because of my long run and I will just be having salad for dinner so I figured it was okay. I drank a lot of tea too! The pea and potato is my absolute favorite dish fromt there. My next favorite is their chicken tortilla soup, but that is only available from October till March. I have tried to replicate it, but mine never tastes as good as theirs.

No plans for tonight. I need to stitch on my RR and get some things ordered for my summer secret sister. I want to mail both by the end of next week.

My sister took my daughter to the zoo this morning. Hannah came home with another stuffed animal. My sister has two boys ~ ages 4 and 2. I guess Hannah "earned it" by being a mother's helper. Hannah does NOT need another stuffed animal. She has way too many!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi! Drop me an email at sweetpeastitches@yahoo.com with your snail mail address for my PIF

Meari said...

My goodness... 7lbs in one week? They say you should only lose about 3-4 lbs a week for it to be healthy. No wonder your dr is concerned.