Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Chinese" Noodles

When I was young, my dad would make "Chinese" noodles for dinner. He usually did this when my mom was gone since this was not one of her most favorite meals. I have made them a couple of times for Hannah and she adores them. We had them for dinner tonight. Dh is working 4 to midnight and he is not so fond of them.

The secret ingredient is campbell's chicken and rice soup, but unfortunately I was out and too lazy to drag myself to the store. So I improvised. I boiled the noodles and drained. Then I added a can of chicken broth and a couple of cans of water, minced garlic, onion, diced carrots and onions, chicken base, and a dash of soy sauce. The dish turned out great, and Hannah was happy to have them for dinner.

For dessert we had raspberry sherbert.

No comments: