Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hurricane Hannah!

Hurricane Hannah has gone to camp! We dropped her off last night at 6 PM. She was quite the stinker and wouldn't let us take any pictures:( In fact, I think she would have been happier if we had just driven by the entrance and dropped her off. DH and I had our traditional go out to dinner and movie. We do this every year. It's a lot of fun to have the week off, but I also miss the little terror too! She is growing up too fast. I miss my cute cuddly baby. I didn't sign up to be the mother of a preteen. Don't you just love the way she let me take her picture. She was determined that I wasn't going to share it with anyone. She was really glad that only Molly was there to see her with her parents. One of my former students was a camp counselor this year.



DH and I went to lunch at this little Italian Bistro. We both had the lunch specials. I ended up cutting mine in half because the portion was soo huge. It was delicious. After lunch we headed home to work on the house and yard. I began cleaning out Hannah's areas. She has two rooms, her bedroom and her art/game room. Both were the biggest pits I have ever seen and she said that she had cleaned! Her idea and my idea of clean do not mesh. I spent two hours in the art/game room making it presentable. I took everything out of the closet and threw out the largest bag of garbage. I know I should have her do it, but I have been there and done that. It is just easier to do it myself than to argue with her what is trash and what is not. She is a doodler and wants to keep every piece of scrap paper you come across (notice what word is in scrap)! I am feeling much happier with that room.

Now I am on to her bedroom. I took everything out of the closet and dresser. I am going through her clothes and doing the same thing. I figure this is going to take me more than two hours. I am going to finish that room tomorrow. I am not ready to cope with it yet. So I will just close the door and ignore it for now. I am going to work on my planning desk and the main bathroom. Plus I have a meeting with the teacher I am mentoring so I need to prepare for that.

2 comments:

Megan said...

How long will she be at camp?

Meari said...

One of my niece's is like that, and we've convinced her that it's better for her to just let me take a "decent" pic than to have weird one's of her floating around. LOL

She's given in.