Thursday, July 3, 2008
Book Review
Today I was given the book Skinny Bitch to read. You are probably wondering what this has to do with food. Well it is about how to make yourself skinny. I only read the first 68 pages this morning, but I have two observations. One, the authors use lots of foul language throughout the book, and second they are trying to convince you to become vegetarians. I found it humorous but offensive at times. And in one chapter it was down right scary as they described how we get our meat to eat. But they did have some good points and gave me a lot to think about...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When an extreme pro-vegeterianism/veganism person tells you how bad the slaughter process is, take it with a grain of salt. While slaughter isn't exactly a pretty scene, it's not half as bad as the extremists would have you think it is. And I believe their meat information source is PETA, which is a very much NOT reliable source regarding anything to do with animals.
I've witnessed animal slaughter and know the process of converting muscle to meat...and I don't have the slightest hesitation when it comes to eating meat.
Food for thought... :-)
Post a Comment