Today Hannah and I went to Panera for lunch. I really wanted a salad and I was hoping their Tomato and Mozzerella salad was back and it was! I did a take 2 - salad and the broccoli soup. Hannah just had the broccoli soup. As we were sitting there eating, Hannah remarks that she likes my soup better:) It was so spontaneous! Sometimes she can be such a sweetheart.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup
6 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 cup (4 oz.) cubed velveeta or American cheese (I use 2% velvetta)
2 (14 oz each) cans of chicken broth (I use vegetable broth)
4 cups chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup finely chopped or grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
salt to taste
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in onion and saute just until tender.
2. Stir in flour until well blended. Slowly add milk over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth.
3. Stir in cheese, continuing to stir until cheese melts. Set aside.
4. In a separate saucepan, simmer broccoli, carrots and celery in chicken broth until almost tender.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour cheesy sauce into vegetables and heat through.
Variation: Do 2 cups of broccoli and 2 cups of cauliflower
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love that salad at Panera! Your soup sounds yummy. Velveeta makes everything better LOL
Post a Comment