Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No cooking today:(

I really did plan on cooking today, but DH came home from work really hungry so I made him a wrap. This meant he wouldn't eat dinner. I didn't want to grill the steak just for me and Hannah so I had a salad and fruit, and Hannah had a sandwich and chips. Tomorrow is bunco, but since I am trying to stay away from junk this week I will cook tomorrow.

Hannah wants me to make this for dinner on Thursday. I need to see if I can make it a little lower in calories.

Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
8 oz. spaghetti
1/4 cup butter
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 (8 oz.) package Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1 (10 oz.) can hot diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel's MILDER version)
4 skinned, boned cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup

Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Place spaghetti in a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and saute 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add cheese and tomatoes and green chilies, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in chicken and soup, blending well. Pour mixture over spaghetti in baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: