Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tornado!

I woke up last night at about 2:30 AM to heavy rain pounding on the house. And then I heard the tornado sirens and weather radio going off. The news was abuzz with a tornado touching down in Millard. Then they started saying the streets. It was right next door to where Hannah's godmother lives. The new Walmart lost its roof and so did some other businesses.

I finally talked to her this afternoon and her house and family are fine. Very minor damage. All the real damage was on the next stree over.

She sent me some pictures, but I can't figure out how to upload them. Here is a slideshow from a local tv station.

3 comments:

Velda said...

wow what an awful mess!

Kendra said...

Tornadoes are scary. Back in November 2005, an F3 went through my hometown and took out a bunch of houses that I remember being there for years. The path was only a block or so from my parents' house. Almost 3 years later, they're still rebuilding and repairing houses in town.

Megan said...

Yikes!