Monday, June 23, 2008

The Tale of the Grape Tomatoes!

Yesterday was the wedding shower for my husbands nephew's fiance. It went great! I made chocolate covered strawberries, mini oreo cheesecakes, ham and cheese pinwheels, mexican pinwheels, fruit, and a veggie tray with dip. I have pictures that I will post later.

On the veggie tray were grape tomatoes that I don't think anyone besides me ate. Boy we they smart. About 3:30 this morning I woke up with a horrible stomach-ache. At first I thought it was my kidneys again. I went to the bathroom and soon learned that it was something else. I think I got salmonella poisoning from the tomatoes. I was suffering from a severe headache, nauseousness, cramping, fever and severe diaherria. Finally about 2 hours ago, I could quit rushing to the bathroom. My husband says I look like death. I called my GP and he said if the symptoms weren't gone by tomorrow AM then I should come in. Thankfully they seem to be gone. I am just weak and shaky. I laid on the couch all day. Thankfully Dd is self-sufficient and she took care of her, me and the dogs today. I threw out the rest of the tomatoes and the unopened package too. I don't want to take anymore chances. Dh went and got tomato soup from Panera for dinner. I don't think I'm ready to eat tomatoes yet so I had a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Ugh...I've had food poisoning before and it's so not fun. Hope you get to feeling better soon...and stay away from tomatoes! :-)

Velda said...

OMG Deirdre poor you!!!! I hope you're better today ((Hugs))

Meari said...

Poor thing... Lots of people are NOT eating tomatoes because of the samonella scare. Lots of restaurants aren't serving tomatoes for this reason.