Tonight was night of the twisters (also the name of a kid's book written about tornadoes in NE). There were tornadoes all around us. My sister and I were driving to bunco when the sirens started going off. We got there and immediately headed to Paula's basement. We did take all the food with us though.
There was a boyscout camp it by a tornado ~ apparently it was leveled. Four boys were killed and 40 were injured. One of my students called to tell me that another one of my student's was at the camp. I don't know his condition. I teach across the hall from his mother. I am sitting here freaking out and saying prayers that he is in the group that was not hurt. They keep showing the footage of heavy equipment being taken into the camp. It is about an hour north of here. It was a leadership camp and my student was definitely a leader. He was president of my student council. I can't even imagine what his mother is going through!
The thunder is starting again...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The Boy Scout Camp was the lead story on our local news tonight (we're in Kentucky)...how horrible!
Hopefully your student is OK!
((((Hugs))))
Post a Comment