
Dh and I had the garage sale Friday and Saturday. I dragged everything up from the basement Thursday night. He was shocked I did it by myself. I told him I just wanted to get it up and out of there. If we waited, we might never do it. Dh ended up working all day Thursday because of the tornadoes and other storm damage. They had teams all over NE and IA looking at all the damage. It looks like IA is going to float away. Almost the whole state seems to be under water. My friend has her parents staying with her since their house is now surrounded by water. Back to the basement, it looks so much better. There are still a couple of spots that I need to work on and organize, but the majority of the junk is gone. You can actually see the floor and sit on the couches to watch TV.
We got up at 6:30 Friday and Saturday to set up. We ended up making around $300 and hauled a bunch to Goodwill. Dh has one more trip and then we should be good. I am going to list a few items on craigslist since they are in really good condition and I think we can get more money for them on there. Dd has huge lots of bratz and accessories, barbies and accessories, polly pockets and accessories, and these designer dolls and accessories.
I went walking with Sally this morning. I hurt my ankle Saturday. I dropped my gazelle on my foot and ankle. Both are still slightly swollen and bruised. Thankfully I don't think I broke it.
I made a nacho bar yesterday for Father's day. My mom, dad, sisters and their families all came over. It was a big hit with all. My sister made these mini oreo cheesecake things. Oh were they delicious. I was soo bad and ate three:( In fact, I was a little bad all weekend. I think I am better when I am in school. I can't snack all day long. Today I am eating salad with leftover chicken taco meat and drinking LOTS of water. I am also not going to eat after 7 PM for the rest of the week.
I need to order some more specialty floss. I screwed up on my border and need to rip which means I will now run out of the floss. Since I am going to order, I will order a few other colors I need for a project I am kitting. I worked last week on my red threads. I did a little on CdC, but mostly focused on the red threads. I really want to finish them before the Oregon trip.
My friend's niece was approved for the lung transplant. Continue to keep Megan and her family in your prayers. They are going to really need it in the upcoming months.
I am hosting a bridal shower on Sunday and need to start planning that. From Wednesday on I will be cleaning and such. The wedding is in July. I am also hosting a party the night before the wedding for all the out of town family. It looks like there is going to be about 40 - 50 people. I need to start working on the menu for that. I think I am going to get a cater for the main part of the meal. I can do side salads and such no problem, but I really don't want to deal with the meat. I was thinking about getting bbq pork and brisket for that.
Well my lover (the library) just called and I now have 4 books ready for pickup. One of them I have been waiting on for quite a while so I think I am going to head on over and pick them up. Dd is going swimming with her frienemy at the JCC this afternoon and Dh heads back to work after his 12 day vacation. I am looking forward to a quiet house for a little while.
We got up at 6:30 Friday and Saturday to set up. We ended up making around $300 and hauled a bunch to Goodwill. Dh has one more trip and then we should be good. I am going to list a few items on craigslist since they are in really good condition and I think we can get more money for them on there. Dd has huge lots of bratz and accessories, barbies and accessories, polly pockets and accessories, and these designer dolls and accessories.
I went walking with Sally this morning. I hurt my ankle Saturday. I dropped my gazelle on my foot and ankle. Both are still slightly swollen and bruised. Thankfully I don't think I broke it.
I made a nacho bar yesterday for Father's day. My mom, dad, sisters and their families all came over. It was a big hit with all. My sister made these mini oreo cheesecake things. Oh were they delicious. I was soo bad and ate three:( In fact, I was a little bad all weekend. I think I am better when I am in school. I can't snack all day long. Today I am eating salad with leftover chicken taco meat and drinking LOTS of water. I am also not going to eat after 7 PM for the rest of the week.
I need to order some more specialty floss. I screwed up on my border and need to rip which means I will now run out of the floss. Since I am going to order, I will order a few other colors I need for a project I am kitting. I worked last week on my red threads. I did a little on CdC, but mostly focused on the red threads. I really want to finish them before the Oregon trip.
My friend's niece was approved for the lung transplant. Continue to keep Megan and her family in your prayers. They are going to really need it in the upcoming months.
I am hosting a bridal shower on Sunday and need to start planning that. From Wednesday on I will be cleaning and such. The wedding is in July. I am also hosting a party the night before the wedding for all the out of town family. It looks like there is going to be about 40 - 50 people. I need to start working on the menu for that. I think I am going to get a cater for the main part of the meal. I can do side salads and such no problem, but I really don't want to deal with the meat. I was thinking about getting bbq pork and brisket for that.
Well my lover (the library) just called and I now have 4 books ready for pickup. One of them I have been waiting on for quite a while so I think I am going to head on over and pick them up. Dd is going swimming with her frienemy at the JCC this afternoon and Dh heads back to work after his 12 day vacation. I am looking forward to a quiet house for a little while.

2 comments:
Looks like you got alot accomplished and even more to still accomplish. So what will you do with the money???
You did good on your garage sale!
Post a Comment