Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Plantar Fasciitis and early AM walk

Ughh...I have been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. I have been told I need to wear my running shoes and not sandals. I need the arch supports and need to work on taking care of my feet. I had already unofficially diagnosed myself with this, but I had been avoiding going to see my GP because I really didn't want to have to make any changes in my daily routine. He gave me a few exercises to do to help with the stretching of the tendons. I also had 4 plantar warts frozen on my left foot. They had developed very quickly and I decided I would rather just go and have him take care of them rather than mess around with them. Plus it is cheaper to pay my copay than to go and buy the meds that don't work.

This morning I picked up my friend Sally and we walked around a lake. We did about 3 miles in 48 minutes. It was a good brisk walk/run and we were both sweating like pigs:). It felt great to be outside and not on the treadmill though I should probably go and lift weights. DH worked last night until midnight. Came home for about 2 hours and then got called back in due to severe thunderstorms. He came home around 6 AM. So I got up and met Sally at 7 AM. I had actually been up since about 2, but I just laid in bed.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I had a mild case of plantar fasciitis a couple years ago. If I remember correctly, I had to quit running for a few months. I still walked, though, but I couldn't run - not even a jog - or else it would flare up again.

Fast forward to now...I seem to be OK. Haven't had any issues with it (knock on wood!) and I walk/jog 4-5 times a week. Fingers crossed that it won't come back!