Thursday, June 26, 2008

No stitching Thursday!

Today I woke up in a panic! I realized June is almost gone. What have I accomplished in regards to school? NOTHING I realized. I have not done one thing to make July an easier month. I am going on a trip with my parents and won't return until the day before my first inservice (flight arrives at 11 PM on the 11th). So today I ordered the team plan books, b-day pencils, special notes, and plastic pages. I also went to school and spent 4 hours unpacking. Boy do I have a lot of "stuff". I was a rebel and took back my extra half of a cupboard from the RF lady. She does not get a whole cabinet in my room this year. I am tired of always giving in and I really need the storage. I do not want my textbooks out in the open where anyone can grab them. This is how I lose books. I also want my new room to look neat and organized ~ not total chaos which is how I think it looked last year because I had everyone's junk in there and only 1 cabinet that I could use. My new room is bigger and I am utilizing all the space I can. The RF lady got a HUGE closet built for her. She doesn't need a whole closet in my room, or anyone elses either. I am telling my partners to take back their closets too. Enough ranting.

I also began working on the daily schedules. Before my principal left for Africa, he sent out the specials schedule for next year. I am now team leader for 4th and 5th grade (agh...). So I need to get my ducks in a row. I need to plan and organize before I walk back in the doors on August 12. There are approx. 13 new teachers in my school this year. I am supposed to be a mentor. I need to have myself pulled together so I can be a role model. How scary! I am now one of the teachers with the most experience. I remember when I was the youngest. Now they are looking at me for guidance and words of wisdom. Aiyiyi...

So I did not stitch one stich today...though I did order LHN Little House Neighborhood (which is already on backorder) and a birdhouse alphabet for my next RR. The internet makes it to easy to have S.E.X.

My parents got back from their trip. They stopped in at this cross stitch store in Cheyenne, WY. My dad has promised we will stop their on our trip out west! I am already salavating over it. I can hardly wait! Still don't have a date for when we are going to leave.

2 comments:

Meari said...

Wow! Busy day for you.

Velda said...

We should all get t-shirts TAKE BACK YOUR CLOSETS lol.....I had to giggle because when I met you, I thought you were so quiet and sweet and here you are standing up for your closet rights GO D, Go D! lol...

Now get busy girl so you can enjoy that upcoming trip!