
I ordered the new LHN - Heart of America Kit and linen, I Thee Wed by Blackbird Designs, and Winter Wingdings by Blueribbon Designs with the linen and specialty threads. My mom gave me some money, and I have my hidden stash money too.
Today I am going to go to Michaels and buy some DMC for some future projects. I am getting the linen for Bushel and a Peck next week. I got an email that it will be sent this week.
Tonight I am going to stitch on my February Bent Creek. I should be able to finish it this weekend.
I currently have NO ABC with a Twist RR in my possession though that could change when the mail is delivered today.
Here is the update I sent out about DD's orthopedic appointment this morning:
GOOD news – Hannah has grown an inch since her last orthopedic appointment. She is now 54 inches tall and weighs 71 lbs. Her curve went from 67 degrees to 63 degrees. The spinal fusion that was performed 4 years ago looks secure. Dr. G. does not want to schedule surgery at this time.
Not so good news – Dr. G. does not want to do surgery at this time because he does not think her spine is ready to support itself – she still needs the rods and hooks. While everything looks good, her curve is stilling having changes that are more than 2 degrees each time we go in – which is good news – but this also means that her spine still needs the support – not so good news. Hannah is growing so this is changing the curve which began above 80 degrees – more good news. When the surgery was performed, Dr. G. was not sure if this was going to correct it or not. It was just a theory, and now the theory is working – more good news. He also said he that since she is not in pain, he does not want to go in and fix what is working – not sure if this is good news or not so good news. After talking with him, we agree. He wants to wait another 6 months to a year and re-evaluate. If she develops pain we are to go in immediately.

No comments:
Post a Comment