Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday and other incoherent ramblings

Today I was one of the people who put ashes on foreheads at mass this morning. I was on the side with preschool and kindergarten. Their foreheads were so little. Some of them left dripping in ashes. They were so bewildered as to what to do since they usually sit there. For dinner we are having cheesy broccoli cauliflower soup. I can hardly wait. I am so hungry, I could eat cardboard.

I have another headache. I stopped after school and got a coke and took some advil. I needed the blast to make it go away. So far it is helping.

I got some stitchy mail today. I had to order some 8.5 count waste canvas for my friend so I also ordered: And a Forest Grew by Rosewood Manor, Easter Line Up by the Trilogy, and Nature's Beauty by Little House of Needleworks. I also got Peace on Earth by Blackbird Designs. I bought it from Nicole. It was great to come home to after not getting a snow day today. I don't know who was sadder, the kids or me. Probably me.

Nine days till Hannah's orthopaedic appointment. I have been looking at the calendar for May. We get out of school on the 19th. DH's birthday is the 20th. My godson graduates the 24 (from high school). I should be there for his graduation, but I really want it done and over with before June. June 3rd is our 15th wedding anniversary. Hannah wants to do art camps. I'm not sure how long she will be in the hospital this time, but I know it will not be as long as the first two.

Conferences are next week. They are not mandatory, unless we request. A few of my parents (who I don't need to see) requested. The one I really wanted to see said she didn't need to see me. In fact she refused when I called her to say we really needed to talk.

Progress reports go out tomorrow. I need to do comments (all classes) and finish my math grades for my level one students. My advanced student grades are taken care of.

I just need to make it through Friday and then I can have some free time. Well except Hannah's science fair project is hanging over our heads. ughh...

No comments: