This morning one of my students came in very upset. No note from her parents, nothing. It turns out a family member was killed in the mall incident. Thursday is mass day so I took her aside and told her that when we got to church we would say prayers for all involved and put an intention in the book. I got them settled in church and then went to see my principal. He is actually her great uncle. He knew nothing about it, so he called the mother (his niece). It turns out it was on her husband's side. Her brother also worked there, but it was his day off.
Last year I cut off the tip of my finger and had to go to the ER. It turned out the ER doc went to my church and I had had one of his kids. His wife was at the mall yesterday and was actually there when one of the people was killed. Several of the kids were talking about her they had gone to the mall over the weekend.
It is such a small world...
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
D, I'm so sorry that this tragedy has become even closer for you ((hugs)) Thinking of all of those affected
I'm really sorry. I don't know what else to say. I can't imagine the pain, grief, heartache, etc... but people all over the US are praying!
Post a Comment