Christmas Eve we went to the 4:30 mass. We got there a little before 4 PM and were lucky to get seats. It was a mad house like it is at all holidays. Literally standing room only. Mass was over by 5:45 and we were headed home. My parents were coming over for our traditional dinner ~ baked potato soup, sausage roll, and salad. It was delicious. I made chocolate fudge pie for dessert. Very easy and very yummy. DD opened up a few presents in her stocking and played some Christmas music on the piano. DH was working at midnight so he laid down for a little nap.
Christmas Day and DD was up at 5:00 AM. I wouldn't let her open any presents until DH came home. He finally came home at 8:25 AM. DD was so excited. Her big present was an art table and chair. She also got art supplies, funkeys (computer game), and a few other odds and ends.
My sister hosted Christmas dinner so I just had to make sweet potatoe souffle, pumpkin tarts, and green beans (not the casserole). I was glad she was hosting. I really was not feeling to well. I have a cold wanting to start, and I am also having a few issues with my gallbladder. I thought about going to the emergency room, but it is feeling better now. I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office on the phone and she said to go to the emergency room if I felt bad for more than 24 hours or started running a fever above 100. The next time it happens I will go in and see him about it. Hopefully after January 1 when our new flexible spending account goes into affect.
Today I met my mom and sister at Target. We got some good bargains. Then we went to Mangelson's, and I got the Willow Tree Nativity for half price. We went to Barnes and Noble and I used my GCs and bought some trash books;). After I picked up DD, who was helping my dad watch the nephews, we went to lunch at Paradise Bakery. Then we walked around. I really wanted to buy something to wear to the wedding we are going to Saturday, but I could not find anything I really wanted. I really don't want to buy clothes when I am losing weight and would only wear it once or twice.
Now I need to clean and do laundry. DH's sister, brother and brother's friend are coming in for the wedding this weekend. DH's niece is getting married. His sister is going to stay with us. The guest bedroom is a wreck and needs to be cleaned. I need to declutter and stash some things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment