Monday, December 10, 2007

The other obsession...SNOW DAY!



DD and I are sitting her watching TV - not any particular show, we are watching the school closings scroll across the screen hoping to see our district pop up. Everyone around us is already canceling for tomorrow. My school is always one of the last to fall. My principal hates snow days.



The snow dance was in full force at school today. The children were bouncing off the walls and hopes were running high that the beloved snow day would appear on the horizon for tomorrow. I even gave in and wore then "snow necklace." I always wear it when I think the next day might be a snow day. The sixth and seventh graders were looking to see it if was on today. It is amazing how the thought of a snow day can change the entire tempo of the building. Before they left for the day, my students were telling each other what they must do to ensure we get the day off - wear your pajamas inside out, flush the toilet three times at 9 PM, throw an ice cube out the window at 9 PM, throw a spoon out the window at 9 PM, and the list goes on...


While I do want a snow day, it kind of throws a wrench in all my plans for the next two weeks. I will now be a day off in all of my plans. I really need to complete the chapter with my high math groups so we can take a test before Christmas break.

1 comment:

Velda said...

oh my gosh I can't stop laughing at this post....I had no idea those darn kids were sneaking around throwing spoons and ice and MAKING snow days happen! I had NO idea.....darn them, darn them all (lol)