About 12 PM I woke up last night in excruciating pain. I had been dreaming that I was being stabbed. It was the strangest dream and I woke up moaning. I got up and went to the bathroom and it just got worse. I probably moaned and groaned for about 45 minutes before I got DH up and had him call the insurance emergency line. They have a nurse on duty 24 hours a day. I figured it was something to do with my kidney, but I was really hoping for an infection.
After talking to the nurse, we headed to the emergency room. The bad news was the weather. The same weather that got me out of school was now making for a rough ride to the emergency room. We were the only ones there, and we got in really quickly. The pain was subsiding so I was beginning to wonder if I should have stayed home, but then it came back. It was coming in waves. They gave me some drugs to help with the nausa and pain. Then I got a catscan.
The doctor came in and told me it was a 1 mm kidney stone. I couldn't believe that something so small could cause such agonizing pain. I felt like I was being torn in two. They gave me a prescription for percocet. We came home and I promptly fell asleep thanks to the booster they gave me before we left. About 7:30 I got up and took a percocet. I had about three bites of toast. The next thing I knew, I was rushing to the bathroom. I ended up throwing up four times.
I have had pretzels and water today. They told me that it is most likely because I am not getting enough liquids. This is soo true. I don't drink at school because then I have to go to the bathroom which means I need to leave my room. I guess I am going to have to make myself drink more.
But the good news is we did get a snow day:) Which turned out to be the best all around since I do not think I could have gone to school to get ready for a sub. Thankfully DD is self-sufficient and has been taking care of herself all day. Basically she has been on the phone all day with her friends. Now that she is a sixth grader, she talks on the phone day and night.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my! I hope you're feeling better. My sister has had KS and she said it was worse than 36 hours of labor she went through with my niece.
Post a Comment