Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mall Shooting

Down the road from my house is a big mall. I have not been there since January. I don't go to that one very often. I think that it has gotten a little rough in the last couple of years. But I never thought there would be a shooting there. Today a gunman took the lives of eight innocent people and injured (some severely) five more. He was 19 years old and wanted everyone to "remember him." My school did not go in lockdown mode, but I have heard that many of them around the mall did, including my old school. This incident has greatly upset me. It is sooo close to home so to speak. I have received several calls from friends/family that are out of town but have heard about it, wondering if we were okay.

1 comment:

Velda said...

How sad to have to be remembered in such a horrible way. I'm glad you are okay physically. This will be hard on many people, mentally (((((Hugs)))))