Thursday, November 13, 2008
7 AM Update
This morning I had ANOTHER early morning meeting (I am a little tired of them). I told Hannah I was leaving at 7 AM with our without her. At 6:39, I told her she had 21 minutes before I was getting in the car and leaving, with or without her. She must have taken yesterday to heart, because she was moving much quicker this morning. At 6:57, she had herself propped against the door to the garage putting on her shoes. She was deteremined that I was not leaving her stranded. She was blocking the door so I couldn't get out until she was ready. I told her I could just go out the front door and open the garage that way if she was going to make me late. At exactly 7 AM, we were pulling out of the driveway. I guess the lesson has been learned. Thank goodness. I was kind of worried she would be a stubborn learner like my sister S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm (not very patiently) waiting for the learning to take place here with my almost 6-year-old. I'm guessing the main issue is her age and maturity level...because I know she can hear me and can understand my directions. But it all gets lost somewhere in between her hearing and understanding, and then applying said directions at a later time. *sigh*
I hope the lesson sticks!
See when I manage to teach my kid a lesson, as you have done, I tend to spoil it by crowing: "Bwa ha ha, I broke your spirit, bwa ha ha!"
Hope the lesson is well-learned.
Post a Comment