Saturday, March 1, 2008

Shopping!

Today I went shopping. I needed to get my nephew a birthday present. I also had a coupon for 20% off at Ann Taylor Loft that I wanted to use. We (Hannah and I) left the house at 10 AM. Our first stop was the mall. I had a coupon book for a sale that Younkers was having. I was hoping to get my nephew an outfit from there on sale. No luck, but I did find my favorite brand of shoes, Clarks, on sale for 1/2 price. I have been dying to get a red pair and they had one;) I also got Hannah a shirt for Easter, and a purple chair and footstool for $40 (regularly $125). Then we went to lunch at Bueno Taco, but Hannah now think it is really Taco Bueno. We went to Ann Taylor Loft after lunch. I tried on a bunch of pants. I am now a size 12! I haven't been that size since 1996. I didn't buy any pants though. I bought some tops. I am going back Monday when my coupons start and buy them then for 1/2 price. I was feeling pretty good when Hannah reminded me that I did not have the present for the nephew. So back to the mall we went. I went to gymboree and bought him a shirt with frogs and a pair of matching green shorts. At Barnes and Noble I got him some educational books. He starts preschool in the fall. I also got him some crayons and twist up markers from Walmart.

It is a gorgeous day - the nicest one since before Thanksgiving. His party starts at four and my sister is grilling out hamburgers and brauts (my favorite). I am making coleslaw salad.

I did buy some stash today, the April issue of Just Cross Stitch. It had a cute Easter Sampler in it. I am thinking of subscribing when my school starts its magazine drive.

I need to go and stitch on my square. I finally got the DMC floss I need. It is the SAL at my cross stitch board so I really need to work on my numbers:)

1 comment:

Meari said...

Yay for you... on the size 12 pants! :) Glad you had a nice day.