Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Teaching without a voice

Today I taught my class without my voice. I am still coughing, just not as bad as before. I spent the day writing notes on the board and whispering directions. They were so quiet since they had to focus on what I was doing. One of my blondies didn't realize till the end of the day that I wasn't just trying to play with her mind, I really didn't have a voice. It was sooo funny. She really makes me laugh:) She has a good heart too. Today wasn't so bad since I was just reteaching or giving quizzes. Tomorrow is new material so we will see how it goes. It might be a rough one:( I do have the team teacher for my 1st period math tomorrow so maybe she will teach the lesson and I do her job for that class.

I have decided that if I don't show improvement by Thursday morning, I will go to the doctor. I'm beginning to think it is more than just the flu. I don't usually cough this much and lose my voice.

4 comments:

Velda said...

sounds like an infection on your vocal cords! I hope you feel better soon hon (((Hugs)) lol about the blondie!

Megan said...

Hope you get your voice back soon!

Meari said...

I hope you feel better, Deirdre. I'd go to the doctor now. I know lots of people who have gotten this nasty bug and got the z-pac from the dr -- felt better in a day or so.

My "Seasons in the Snow" does have the wording at the bottom. Are you sure yours the same as mine? Email me at mearitaira@yahoo.com if you like.

Stephanie said...

Isn't it amazing how your students act when you are sick? I hope you get better soon!