Sunday, January 13, 2008

What a LONG week!

I can't even begin to talk about the emotional week that I have had. It was simply awful! My little darlings were not so darling! I had to call a couple of parents to discuss their child's inappropriate actions! I had to go and talk to my principal about some concerns I had as a parent and teacher about another teacher. My partner teacher went with me since she was in on the meeting that led to the us going to see him.

The only good thing about this week was Friday. We decided to celebrate a co-worker's birthday with Chinese food and brownies. I also managed to walk out of school on Friday with 1 stack of papers to grade! Usually I have 20+hours of work on the weekend. This weekend I have about 3 hours worth. I didn't leave school on Friday till I had my math corrections graded and entered into the computer. I worked really hard all week on staying caught up and not slacking off. I even had no papers to grade on Wednesday which was bunco night since I was so with it. It was awesome to have everything so on and caught up for once.

On the stitching front, I didn't stitch on Wednesday or Thursday. On Tuesday, I ripped out what I needed to rip out so that I could start finishing Christmas Day by Prairie Schooler. I stitched a lot on Friday night on it and now I have the band at the top to finish and the white at the bottom. I could finish it this week in the SAT that my cross stitch board is having.

My ABC RR is ready to go. I have a few things I will finish when I get it back. DD designed it so while it is not what I wanted, it is for her so I will be happy with it.

I got the linen for the LK double flips yesterday. I ended up talking to them three times on the phone. They did not have the lambswool that was used in the model. That didn't bother me at all though. There was some kind of communication breakdown on their part with each other. But anyways, I ended up with a 32 count light mocha. I absolutely LOVE the color. Last night I started stitching and have the e-a-m completed. I decided to use DMC floss since I have so much of it, and I am really working hard on using what I have. Plus it would have been another week before I could begin as I waited for the floss order to be filled. Who knows, maybe I will make two of them.

No comments: