Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Flu

I had the flu shot. I get it every year. Since Sunday I have felt horrible, but I thought it was from running and making my heart rate too high - I ran 4 miles and it was at 180. I didn't feel good before I went running. I was shaky and feeling like I wanted to faint. I thought I needed food. I ate and went running. By the time I got done, I was sick. I couldn't even move the rest of the day on Sunday. I laid on the couch for the rest of the day. I only got dressed because my parents were coming over. I didn't want them to see my lying on the couch in my robe. I am so achy and tired and blah... Yesterday evening I found out I have a confirmed case of the influenza in my classroom. I went to bed at 9 PM last night. I hardly ever do that. I wokeup this morning and was okay. Not great, but okay. I went to school, and went to Mass. I left as Mass started. I didn't go back. I am now at home laying on the couch. I have an 11:15 appointment with the doc. DH wants me to go because he is worried it is my heart. I think it is just the flu.

UPDATE: Blood test shows it is viral. I had an EKG ~ that too was normal. It showed I had a slower than normal heart rate, but that is normal for a runner. He told me to go home and rest.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Ugh...the flu sucks. Feel better soon.

Jennifer said...

Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, you husband should feel free to wait on you hand and foot. :-)

Tammy said...

Ouch!

Hope you're feeling better soon. Take care, hon.

Tammy said...

I've left a comment/reward on your blog.

Anonymous said...

sent you your gift please let me know if you recieved it.. i hope you are wellnow..