Tuesday, February 10, 2009

*@#% Asthma Rant

Saturday I had another asthma flare. I ran 4 miles and then spent the next two hours coughing and wheezing. It was horrible. Van was so concerned, he wanted to take me to the ER.

I went to my asthma specialist today. I have had two major flares in the last 10 days. I also have a sinus infection, which he thinks is caused by the flares. I have lost 30% of my lung function since the last time I did the breathing test. He thinks it is because I went off two of my meds. I now have to go back on the meds until my next visit in June, unless I have another flare and then I need to go ASAP! I was really upset. I was hoping I could stay off of those drugs. I am now back up to 5 daily drugs plus my inhaler. Ugh...

I also have not run since Saturday when I had my last flare up. I have also been sick with the sinus junk. I can't run until I have had the drugs in my system for 48 hours.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am so sorry to hear your asthma is giving you fits. Feel better soon.