I started this last weekend, and then got distracted. My sisters want to get Hannah the Wii Fit for Christmas. But of course you can't find it anywhere. It was in the Target ad this morning. So at 7:30 I got in line at Target. The doors open at 8 and walking slowly, but orderly, everyone gets in line at the camera counter. We all got Wii Fits. They had 30 and there was 26 of us in line. I have never done the get in line to get the must have toy before. I can't believe I did it this morning for my sisters to get it for my daughter. It is in the trunk of my car right now. I need to get it out and hide it as soon as she goes to bed tonight.
PRESENT DAY!
I do not sleep well. I was up again at 4 AM:( Unfortunately my gym does not open at 5 AM on the weekends. I am going to drag Hannah to 8 AM Mass and then to my classroom to work for a little while. I need to organize all the papers I ran off Friday and clear off my file pile. I also need to go to Wal Mart and buy some binders and a few other things I forgot to buy when I went to the grocery store yesterday.
No stitching again last week - just some really good S.E.X. (Stash Enhancing eXperience). I did fondle my stash and WIPS and make plans. Hopefully soon...
Ten days till freedom. There is a possibility of a snow day on Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday if the winds hold true to form). I am of course wanting it really bad, but then that puts me behind on my tests and things! But I would love to stay home and stitch and read and grade papers and clean and all those things I have been putting off till Christmas break. I have quite a list of things to do on Christmas break. It is the last big break of the year until summer.
I took DD and her friend to the mall last night. It really was not very busy. All the stores had some great sells going on. I bought a few things - a sweater to wear with a skirt, body butter lotion for DD's stocking, and a green M&M ornament for my sister (it sings and moves its eyes).
They wanted to go ice skating, but we are not sure that is on Hannah's list of activities that she is allowed to do. She has never been on ice skates in her life (so we never asked about it), and we both thought it might be bad for her back (all the falling down, etc). For the first time ever, she got really upset when we said no to something because of her back. Definitely seeing those teen hormones coming on. Usually she takes it in stride and rolls with the punches. I told her we would call Dr. G and see what he says about it. If he says yes, I will take them over break.
My leg is still bothering me. Where I had that really strange bruise, I now have a knot - kind of like a charlie horse. It hurts when I put weight on my leg or walk. I called the insurance nurse. She recommended I get it checked out. She thinks it could be a blood clot. I always have shortness of breath (asthma) so that is not an indicator for me. There is a little swelling, but not too bad. I am going to call my doctor's office tomorrow and talk to them. I do think the knot is not as big today. It also is not hurting as much. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow morning and working out. In January, I want to start training for the Lincoln Half Marathon so I really need to work on getting myself under control. I am also going to give up sugar and other things so that I can focus on the training. I want to do it in 2 hours or less.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Wii Fit and other ramblings for the new week!
Labels:
1/2_marathon training,
cross_stitch stash,
life,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow...you actually got a Wii Fit?!?!?! You lucked out.
Hope you get your snow days.
First off, hugs to Hannah!
That is huge to be training for a half marathon. Very very cool. I am going to work on cutting out the processed foods and sweetners and adopt a cleaner diet.
Have fun with the Wii Fit! I've had mine since it came out in May and we've had a lot of fun with it.
Half marathon...I'm envious! I'm hoping to do one someday. But I'm just now getting back to light jogging after my stress fracture from August, so it'll be a LONG time before I can get worked back up to a pace worthy of a race.
Post a Comment