I wasted my snow day. I slept all morning and then I talked on the phone for a little bit, did some laundry, took another nap and a shower. Now I am going to go out with my work friends and celebrate the end of the year (you know 2008). I had big plans if I got today off, instead I wasted it. Tomorrow my niece graduates from college so we have to go to Lincoln to celebrate. Sunday I am hosting my side of the family for Christmas. My house is a wreck. I guess I will be shoving things into closets and locking the doors so they don't see it. Aghhhh... I was hoping to be better than that.
Van and Hannah went Christmas shopping.
I need to do that too. I need to get a few more things for Hannah, and I have bought nothing for Van. He buys everything he wants. That leaves me with...NOTHING to get him.
I realized when I was going through my shopping bags, that I haven't touched since I put them in the closet, I have bought myself two pairs of pajamas. Opps! I thought I had only bought one pair.
Monday I have a dentist appointment and I am going to go shopping after that to get a few art things for Hannah. My dentist is close to Dick Blick, Hannah's favorite store. She wants erasers and new colored pencils. She also wants an Enya cd. Her godmother gave her $25 gc to Barnes and Noble and her uncle Dean gave her $50 to Target. She can't touch the gc's till she writes thank you notes and til after Christmas. I told her she should wait until January to spend the gc's.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like my kind of snow day. :-)
My first year of teaching, we had what seemed like a gazillion snow days in December. I was living by myself in a town where I didn't know anyone, so a day off here and there was OK...but after several days off, I was going crazy by myself in my apartment. I got so desperate that I dug my truck out from under the snow and drove to Wal-Mart, just to get out and be around other people. :-)
Post a Comment