- Hannah thinks I am insane. I have my library number memorized - and use it daily to check my status on books.
- I get daily calls from the library telling me I have books to pick up. My DH calls it my lover. I just got a phone call and a book that I have been waiting for quite a while is in. My first instinct is to rush over there and get it right now. Thankfully it is on the way to my mothers.
- I know you can have 40 books checked out (more if you choose the right librarian to check you out).
- I always have 40 books on my request list (the max).
- Two of the librarians know me by sight.
- I have had embarrasingly large library fines which is why I am now obsessive about managing my books.
- DD loves the library too (though she prefers to own the books rather than "rent" - her word). She recently discovered the YA section and the world of fines. She had to pay $9.40 since she didn't manage her account online like me. She has learned from that experience and is now in the process of requesting books that she knows she has no hope of getting from the book store.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
The romance of the library - aka the book obsession
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
There is NOTHING wrong with reading....altho I think you're slightly crazy, having met you...I think it's a good crazy ;)
This sounds so like me it's not even funny. I could have written this post!
I'm always on my library site. I don't have my number memorized yet, but soon enough I will. I try to stay off the site since it just prompts me to find more and reserve more than I need.
Our library has a new format that shows your place in line for reservations. That is like watching paint dry at times since it takes so long to see the number change.
I have so many books I want to read I've created a data base to track them all.
LOL, I think your DH is right. You're having a book affair. That reminds me, I need to go to the library to see if they have a book I saw at Menards. Btw, I used to be a children's librarian. :D
Post a Comment