Friday, May 30, 2008

New Month Resolution!

As June approaches and my almost 2 weeks of inactivity where my house is concerned comes to mind, I have realized I really need to make goals for June. As Megan stated in her blog, I too am a packrat, though I do think hoarder would be just as accurate description of me. It's true, I do have most of the summer off to recover from the 10 months of craziness, but I need to utilize the time instead of being a cross stitching, book reading couch potato.

For the last 5 years we have put things in the basement and shut the door so we wouldn't have to deal with it. It is now to the point where I am afraid to open the door and literally freak out if my father even mentions my basement. Last summer I did attempt to organize the basement but quickly found other endeavours to chase. June is my month of no buying and I have also decided to make it the month of cleaning and organizing. I will not only focus on the very scary basement, but also the very scary drawers and closets too. And other hiding places that we have.

DH has 9 days off in June and he has agreed to spend 6 of them focused on the basement with me. He is also going to work on organizing the garage (his very scary dumping ground). We were going to do a family vacation, but with the rising cost of gas and the fact that his family will be descending upon our house twice this summer, he thinks that cleaning is a much better way to spend the time. Plus we can use the vacation money to work on our landscaping in the backyard. We need to put in some trees!

So bring on June 1. June is going to be a busy and productive month. The in-laws won't recognize the homestead! Let's hear it for June.

No comments: