Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Addictions...

I have an addictive personality. Not for drugs or alcohol - don't do either. YUCK! Rather my addiction is books (all kinds), cross stitch, paper, stamps, and any other thing that passes before my eyes.

I was looking at my recipe books as I contemplated ordering 4 more from Amazon and thought I am just plain crazy. I don't need anymore. STOP!

It's the sameway for cross stitch. I just keep buying. And rubber stamps. And paper. And books. And clothes. EVERYTHING!

I need to do a slow summer. I need to stop spending and see what it is like to use what I have. To not order anything new. To save my money. To be frugal. To be resourceful. To be creative.

I am challenging myself to do it for the month of June. To take it off from retail therapy and see how much simpler life can be.

3 comments:

Velda said...

that's a great challenge. I'd join you but I'd have to opt out for one day, June 21st when I meet up with Robin....does that work? lol

Tammy said...

I'm a recipe collector, more than a cook. I have an entire cupboard of recipes and make something from them once in a blue moon. I've tried more times than not to stop the printed and collecting, but I never do! I need an intervention!

Meari said...

I know the feeling, Deirdre. I'm the same way with books. I have a ton of them and think it's a travesty to throw books away. I'm on a self imposed diet, too. I'm only buying what I need.