Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year ~ 2010!

The last decade has gone so quickly. There has been so many changes & some rough times. I am really hoping this next decade will be kind.

I spent today lying on the couch. My right foot is swollen & bruised and really feeling the hurt today. The left foot is not feeling so great today either. It is only 8 weeks post op and I think being the lone support has been a little rough. I have been icing and took some anti-infammatories today. I am done with the pain killers. I hate the loopiness & really need to be able to think. I can't do that while taking them.

We went to my mom's for lunch and she sent us home with dinner too. I stitched on my LK kit. Got an email telling me the linen I ordered is on the way. I am hoping to get this one done this weekend. I really only had 2 finishes for 2009. Sad. I hope to have many more this year. I sure did a lot of stash buying last year. I started an excel spreadsheet of what I have - chart, floss, buttons, linen. It is quite scary. I can't believe how much is there.

I want to run another half marathon. I haven't run in 6 months. My orthopedic says I can start running by the end of January. My DH does not want me to attempt to run the Lincoln Half. he is afraid I will not be ready & hurt myself. Instead he wants me to run the San Francisco Half with him in July. Decisions, decisions...though it would be fun to go to California=)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Concentrate on stitching while your foot heals...you can dream of California while threading the needle.