Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Days!

I ended up not going back to school last week.  That puts us at 6 snow days so now we are in school on Monday the 18th.  As I told the kiddos, I would rather be in school when it is cold, than when it is hot.  I am scheduled to go to Florida with my friend Sally June 2nd.  We are letting the rest of our families come too, but it started out as a girl retreat, but then the guilt made us invite the kids & husbands. 

Hannah took the high school entrance exam (YIKES!  I am going to have a high school student) Saturday.  We are still debating Private/Catholic vs. public.  We are lucky that our public school system is excellent and they are building a brand spanking new high school 3/4 of a mile from our house.  It will only have freshman & sophmores next year.  Hannah has always been in parachoial, but she would also qualify for the gifted program in the public.  She is bright & has unbelievable ITBS scores.  It is a hard decision.

I began LK ABC Lessons last week.  Making good progress.  Still can't find my camera.  I am beginning to freak.  Need to keep looking...

3 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats to K on scoring well.

You, stop, take a deep breath and don't think about it, you'll find the camera.

stitchin schoolmarm said...

You and I have a lot in common. More than just doing the same stitching project. I taught fifth grade in a Catholic school for 14 years. Then I stayed home with my little guy until kindergarten and went back to work in the public schools. Fifth grade is an awesome age to teach. I enjoy reading your blog.
Tammy

Siobhán said...

Good luck finding your camera! I like your new project.

Love your name, btw--it's my oldest daughter's name! Your parents have great taste, LOL. ;)