Monday, October 6, 2008

Survival of the fittest!

I have a treadmill that I use every morning at the gym. It has been mine since I started going at 5 AM. Until last week when eliptical guy decided to snag it from me. I know he knows it is my treadmill. Afterall, we (the treadmill and I) have bonded after almost 9 weeks of running. I was sick on Friday, so I didn't get the chance to reclaim it from him. Today I got to the parking lot a little before 5 and who do I see in the parking lot, eliptical guy. I quickly raced for the door, and he was right behind me, breathing heavy. I scanned my card, hit the stairs at a brisk (frantically running) pace, grabbed my towel, and cheerfully high fived my treadmill. I'm back baby, too bad for you elipitcal guy. Eliptical guy had to settle for the second rate treadmill today. a

I should wear a sign that says head back to the elipticals!

5 comments:

Meari said...

LOL! Did you also go: nah-ne-nah-ne boo boo?

Kristin said...

ROFL...sing to him..."na na na na hey hey goodbye!"

Tammy said...

Good for your recapturing YOUR machine. I've been in a similar situation at the gym. Maybe eliptical guy is seeing how successful you are that he wants to emulate you through your machine.

Megan said...

LOL!

Felicity said...

LOL