Sunday, October 19, 2008

ER Visit - the nightmare!

I went to the emergency room last night because my wrist and fingers hurt so much, I can barely stand it. Interesting experience! The doctor told me it was broken, I asked how he knew since I hadn't had any x-rays yet. He got a perplexed look on his face and left for a moment. Then he came back and said that would happen right away. So they took the x-rays and then told he came back and told me it wasn't broken afterall. This is the same hospital that last year told me Hannah's wasn't broken and then called the next day and said it was. The nurse put me in a brace. It is really uncomfortable and hurts more with it than without it. Well it turns out he put a left hand brace on my right hand. So I called the ER this morning and told them my story. The nurse was shocked that would happen so back to the ER I went. I had to wait a little while after I got there, and then I had to go back up to the registration desk and explain my story again. About 2 minutes after I did that, I exchanged the brace for a right hand one, instantly it felt better. I haven't received a call to tell me they made a mistake with the x-ray, but if it doesn't feel better by Tuesday, I am going to see my regular doctor. I don't think I will be going back to that ER anytime soon...

5 comments:

Kristin said...

OMG...I think I would have to file a complaint with the hospital and maybe with your state's medical board.

Jennifer said...

I agree with Kristin!!! There's no telling what kind of harm can be done to someone with a life threatening injury. Luckily, you weren't dealing with a super serious issue!!!

Tammy said...

OMG! That is terrible. Must not garner a lot of confidence in ailing patients when presented with such competent care.

Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

what a nightmare.. do they know what they are doing i would go straight back to my doctor and get it checked out for sure. good luck hope it gets better soon

Meari said...

OMG! Talk about ridiculous. I would definitely be reporting someone.