Friday, October 24, 2008

Day off!

Sixteen hours at school for parent teacher conferences means an extra weekend day - no school today. I had a couple of really rough ones, and two who NEVER showed up and then emailed that they wanted to reschedule after I waited for them. I ended up doing one through my breakfast time since they showed up late and then had to eat my breakfast 2 hours later when I finally had a break again. I had DH go and talk to Hannah's teachers. She is such an underachiever compared to Van and I. I still have 8 conferences to do next week.

After conferences we all went to a bar and unwound. We were a pretty loud and obnoxious bunch, but it was fun to talk with everyone. I had a couple of rum and cokes and the most yummy hot wings and nachos (we all shared a bunch of appetizers). I got home at 1 AM. I never stay out that late. I woke up at 4:30 AM thinking I was going to go run, but promptly fell back to sleep. But the dogs woke me up at 6:50 wanting to go outside and have breakfast. So here I sit.

Plans for today include cleaning and laundry. I also need to work on a few projects. I should probably grade papers too. Hannah has this volcano project due Monday so I need to figure that out with her. She wants to do this bundt cake think. Maybe we will rent a movie tonight and have a mommy daughter bonding night.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad you survived parent teacher conference torture. Sounds gruelling.

Enjoy your extra day off today, although it sounds as though you'll still be quite busy. Mother daughter bonding sounds like a great plan to spend an evening.

Meari said...

Good for you going out and having a good time. :) Enjoy your day off and the M/D bonding.

Chris said...

Enjoy your day.
Will be curious to hear how the volcano turns out.

Kristin said...

Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.