Saturday, January 3, 2009

Change

Change is hard and painful even. I have a lot of habits that are deeply ingrained in me. I had a hard time resisting the lure of a cooking magazine yesterday. I really, really wanted it. I didn't let myself get it, and I was mad at myself. Did I need it? NO, but the want was really strong. I am like that with cross stitch. I have this HUGE desire to stash. I have tons of projects, yet I go and look and want and buy. My only saving grace is that there is no LNS here. I have to order online to get the designers I want. I don't remember the last time I went to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and bought one. I buy floss there and sometimes linen at Hobby Lobby.

I took Hannah and Gabby K. to see "Marley and Me" last night. It was good, but they both gave it a 7 out of 10. Hannah thought the book had to be better and wants to read it to make sure.

Today will be more of the same, grading and such. With a little housework and grocery shopping thrown in for good measure. I am making a menu plan for the week and a list. If it isn't on my list, I don't buy it. I am going to the gym this evening ~ well probably late afternoon after Van goes to work.

A new Hobby Lobby just opened and Hannah needs some things for her book project so we might head over there this AM to check them out. I do have a couple of floss colors I need...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Check out my blog for some stash pictures that will make you feel better...LOL.

Velda said...

lol I have lessened my stash and my patterns and it felt great, but it took me many many years to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. Finally I'm to a place where I no longer buy for the sake of having stash (unlike Kristin lol, I was just at her blog lol) Did you see the new 'motto' for this year's cross stitch crazy group? Take a look at the board....perhaps it will help :)