Friday, January 2, 2009

30 lbs by July!

I need to lose 30 lbs. I have already lost close to 50, but I need to lose more. I want to enter my 40's better than I did my 30s. I have so much more energy now than I did a year ago, but I want more. I am recommitting myself to getting healthier.

I went to the gym this morning. In 30 minutes, I ran 2.6miles and burned 388 calories. Thanks to my asthma and the cold I have acquired, I am now coughing, a lot. Lesson learned: use inhaler before working out.

I am now off to school. I have to grade papers, write lesson plans, and all the other fun things associated with school. I have a HUGE list to make it through. My goal is to have it all done before I go back on Monday. New quarter/semester, new start. Fingers crossed on this one.

I was up at 3:50 AM so I stitched for about an hour on Bushel and a Peck before getting dressed and heading to the gym. I have forgotten how relaxing stitching can be. I think I am going to do this everytime I can't sleep.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck with the weight loss and stitching when you can't sleep sounds wonderful.

Tammy said...

OMG that is hilarious that you stitched in the 4am hour! I love it. I used to do that a long long long time ago.

I have some weight to lose too, so I'm right beside you. You will and can do this! You've come so far already! Great job on that one.

I will be right beside you in the efforts (more dedicated after I move) and truth be told, I'm looking forward to the chaanges I want to see in my body. Only can make those changes happen. Right? Right!!!

Keep us posted on your successes!