Don't you love it when people think they are complimenting you, but it really comes across as half insult/half compliment in a backwards sort of ways!
Three examples of comments that have been said to me in the last couple of weeks:
- I am talking with a first grade teacher and a parent I know but haven't seen in probably 6 months comes in. She says: "I didn't recognize you from behind, you have lost so much weight."
- But this is my all time favorite: Parent comes up to me, "You look great - you've lost so much weight. You're not sick are you?"
- Or "I wondered why you seemed to be hanging out at the gym all the time."
Ummm...thanks...I think?!?!

5 comments:
omgosh as semi-rude as they are, they are quite funny. I wonder if I've unknowingly said something like that....thanks for the reminder, think before you speak. And for the record, when I saw you in Chicago I thought you looked AWESOME!
lol i thought that was hilarious i got asked if i was pregnant again the other day and ive lost 1/2stone lol... never mind these things are sent to try us.
It is hard to compliment a person that has lost weight without criticizing that person's body shape. It is hard no matter, but try as you might to find the compliment!
Big hugs! Congrats on being 20lbs from goal! WOOHOOO!!!!
Congrats on getting close!
I'll second what Velda said about Chicago.
They mean well, LOL... I think. Congrats on seeing your weightloss goal come to fruitation! You go, girl!
Post a Comment