Saturday, August 23, 2008

I DID IT!

Today Sally picked me up at 7:15 and off to Chalco Hills Park we went. We (along with my partner teacher Anne) did a woman's tri-athalon. It was non-competitive and a great experience. Last night at my stamping club, they told me they couldn't believe I was going to swim in that lake. It was gross! I am not a swimmer, it is the one thing I truly do NOT enjoy doing. It was the hardest part of the whole affair. I biked two miles and ran 1 1/2 miles. Hurray for me! We have agreed that we are really going to do the Lincoln half-marathon next May. After that we went to Netties for lunch. Definitely the best lunch I have ever eaten after the workout we had.

I came home and took the longest, hottest shower. I washed my hair twice and scrubbed my face and brushed my tongue. I swallowed some lake water and it left a horrible feeling in my mouth (even with spicy mexican food to eat). I feel really clean and fresh now!
DD spent the night at my moms. My sister is supposed to be bringing her home, but so far no sign of her. I want to go shopping. A lot of my pants are not fitting since I have lost so much weight. I have a couple of coupons I would like to use! DH is in Colorado with his brother for the weekend.

School was fine. The first day was the longest, but it got better after that. I have already gotten an email wondering why their child was not in the challenge math group when they always have before. The child wasn't last year and I decided to only take those who were for now. I have no problem moving a kiddo up, but I do not want to move one down. Not a good thing for them. I have 22 in my homeroom this year, and they seem pretty good. I have one real behavior issue, but I can take care of him. I had his sister and she was a lot like him. I think I can rein him in.

I have not stitched since before vacation. I need to pull myself together and work on a few things. I'm going to finish up my lesson plans this evening and then I am going to work on my RR. I have two I want to mail this week.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Ewwwwie! That lake sounds disgusting. Congrats on your accomplishment which is awesome, by the way.

Good luck with your unruly student.

Velda said...

Congratulations! Except for the lake water ;) I totally forgot you were back in school already...glad the first day went well :)

Anonymous said...

cor and i thought my life was hectic well done you have done really well and you wll have to show us your new clothes

Megan said...

Congratulations! I can't even fathom running, let along running, biking, and swimming! You are amazing!

CJ said...

Congrats on the marathon!! What a great way to start off the school year.

CJ